Exploration * Excitement * Experiences That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving,so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving. No matter what your scuba interest the Oakville Divers PADI Advanced course is the perfect addition to your ongoing diving education.
What Do I Need to Start Oakville PADI Advanced Training?
What will you do?
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Complete the e-Learning modules
- DO THE 5 PADI ADVANCED DIVES (LOCAL OAKVILLE DIVE OPTION - THE DIVES CAN BE DONE IN ONE WEEKEND WITH OAKVILLE DIVERS)
What will you learn?
How long will it take?The PADI Advanced course is a self study program. Once you complete the online knowledge review for each of your Adventure Dives, it’s time to do your diving. Dives are conducted on the weekends (and one evening for Deep and Night Dive). There is no written exam for the Padi Advanced Scuba course. Your fun scuba diving experiences are your only test. Oakville Divers Instructors are on the scuba dives if you have any questions.What does it cost?
There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time. The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – night diving, buoyancy control, search & recovery, exploring wrecks and many more.
* scuba equipment rental costs are not included in course costGET STARTED!Call Oakville Divers today to get started on your journey to become a PADI Advanced Diver.
- Course cost: $399 (includes PADI e-Learning code and 5 dives)
- PADI Advanced e-learning crew pack: $64.95
- PADI Dive Log: $19.95 (recommended)