Padi Advanced Scuba Diver
No matter what your scuba interest the Oakville Divers PADI Advanced course is the perfect addition to your ongoing diving education. The course format allows you to progress at your own pace. You don’t have to do everything at once—you can make an adventure dive here and there as your interests dictate or, you can make a weekend of it and go right through.
All certification dives are conducted in openwater on the ship wreck Jesse Anne in real time diving conditions by our Master Instructor and Oakville Scuba Pro's.What Do I Need to Start Oakville PADI Advanced Training?
What Will I Do?
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Complete the e-Learning modules or READ THE BOOK
- This course is now available through the Padi e-learning program with Oakville Divers
- DO THE 5 PADI ADVANCED DIVES (LOCAL OAKVILLE DIVE OPTION - THE DIVES CAN BE DONE IN ONE WEEKEND WITH OAKVILLE DIVERS)
To get your Oakville PADI ADVANCED certification, begin by going over course materials in the comfort of your home. Then with your Oakville PADI Instructor you complete the deep and underwater navigation Adventure Dives. These dives boost your confidence as you build these foundational scuba skills.
Then, you choose three additional dives from more than 15 Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can go scuba diving at night, check out the local ship wrecks in the Oakville area or even fly through the lake on a diver propulsion vehicle all during your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.
• Number of dives : 5 dives
• Adventure Dive options include boat diving, deep diving, dry suit diving, multilevel and computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater videography and wreck diving.
• Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.How Long Will it Take?
The PADI Advanced course is a self study program. Once you complete the knowledge review for each of your Adventure Dives, it’s time to do your diving. Dives are conducted over the course of one full weekend (and one Thursday or Friday evening if Night Dive is chosen) or at your own pace. There is no written exam for the Padi Advanced Scuba course. Your fun scuba diving experiences are your only test. Oakville Divers Instructors are on the scuba dives if you have any questions.What Will I Need?
- Adventures in Diving Student Kit or e-Learning registration
- Scuba Certification Card
- PADI Dive Log (recommended)
* scuba equipment rental costs are not included in course costWhat's next? > PADI Specialty Courses or PADI Rescue Diver Program